Skip to main content

An Unfortunate Run


I wished to be something great
Something phenomenal
To get there I knew
Would take a lot of struggle
I was prepared for the struggle
But so I thought
They left me alone
And suddenly I was caught
I still fought hard
Tried to find strength in anything that was left
Pretty soon my breath ran out
I started to pant and heft
All of them took it slow
For the real run hadn't yet started
Whatever was left started steaming away
And that's where our ways parted

I tried to yell I tried to scream
But they thought my thoughts were crippled
They told me to bear it
And so my voice was stiffled
Everything became fast now
For the show had just begun
I tried to keep up but in vain
For my energy was long gone
Yet my spirit lay unbroken
For a minor victory was gained
But now nobody even cared
For my heart that pained
They did feel some sympathy
For the boy who's now weak
They each had something to tell
On how to get there quick

I was tired and sick
Of this big flashy happy light
But as if in a night
The sudden silence gave me fright
Pretty soon I was all alone
Nobody even seemed to care
They all just cheered and shouted
Can I just say it was too much to bear?
In the end I lost
Like I knew would happen
I knew I wasn't meant for this
With my soul misshapen
I had a window offered once
But it too was shut
They said I deserved a mansion
But this was the window to a hut

I wanted a home, my home
Which I left since I grew sick and tired there
But later I realized it wasn't the house's fault
That sick feeling was everywhere
To conclude I'd like to wonder
What if I had done it all right
I guess we all know the answer
I'd have better sleep each night

Comments

  1. A very well structured and nicely written piece of art. Wonderful job. Beautiful💗

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Factory

It depends on the times we've created for ourselves. Times that were given to us to mould our today. Times that we smothered and deliberately put into several molds. I know. My fault. But I see now that the equal platforms are no more. People are haywire in life to build better times with everything they have. While I lay here shattered. I seek company. I seek confidence. I seek a way to move forward but all I can see is a fog. The rubbles of my own making blocking my way. Clearing them up is no easier task. But I for one never thought about the comparitive degree. I thought of a different word altogether or just flipped the sentence according to my convenience. They don't like that. People don't like it. Because then they can't determine who's first and who's not. They can't determine who's right and who's wrong. They can't determine whom to follow and whom to swallow. We do this for who? Many have asked this. They come up with terms like